Rockdale City Council has 15 Councillors, 334 staff members and an annual budget of approximately $60 million.
Councillors are elected by residents every four years. The Mayor is elected each year by the Councillors.
The General Manager controls the day-to-day management of the Council. Led by the General Manager, the staff implement Council decisions to provide works and services to the City.
Rockdale City Council holds regular Council meetings on a Wednesday night starting at 6:30pm. See Council Meetings for further information including the business papers for those meetings.
Council's Customer Service Centre is located at 2 Bryant Street Rockdale
Community Advisory Committees and Reference Groups
These committees and groups are made up of community representatives and Councillors and Reference Groups. Their role is to advise Council on matters that have implications for the City.
Current Advisory Committees and Reference Groups include:
- Rockdale Traffic Committee
- Central Library Development Advisory Committee
- City Business Advisory Committee
- Climate Change and Environment Advisory Committee
- Community Services and Access Advisory Committee
- Finance Accountability Advisory Committee
- Multicultural, Harmony and Arts Advisory Committee
- Sports and Recreation Advisory Committee
- Tourism Advisory Committee
In addition, our Councillors are members of the following External Committees:
- Australia Day Botany Bay Regatta Committee
- Australian Mayoral Aviation Council
- Georges River Combined Councils Committee
- Lydham Hall Management Committee
- Southern Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils (SSROC)
- SSROC Program Delivery Committee
- SSROC Sustainability Program Committee
- St George and Sutherland Business Enterprise Centre
- Sydney Coastal Councils Committee
Links to adjoining Councils
Based on the belief that peace can be achieved by building understanding between ordinary people, the Sister City program was introduced to the world by the United State's Eisenhower Government in 1952.
To this day, Sister City relationships encourage cultural and social contact, as well as giving the cities involved the chance to explore educational and economic opportunities.
Rockdale City Council has Sister City links with these cities:
- Takeo, Cambodia
- Tanggu, China
- Bitola, Macedonia
- Glyfada, Greece
- Rockdale, Texas, USA
- Bint Jbail, Lebanon
- Yamatsuri, Japan
- Gilgandra, Australia
Rockdale City Council also has a Friendship City link with Arica in Chile. This community based link explores cultural and economic opportunities between the communities of Rockdale and Arica.