Skip navigation links
About Rockdale City Council
About Rockdale
News & Events
Online Services & Payment
Contact Us
Site Disclaimer
Council Elections
Our Town Centres

Obtaining Consent for Tree Work

To obtain Council's consent to carry out pruning or removing a tree, you will need to fill out an application to remove or prune a tree. A GST exempt application fee applies (listed in the form).
You can either:

  • Fill out the form and mail it, together with a cheque/money order for the application fee amount to Rockdale City Council, PO Box 21, Rockdale NSW 2216
  • Visit Council's Customer Service Centre (444-446 Princes Highway, Rockdale), where you can hand the form to one of our staff and pay your application fee over the counter

Your application will be referred to Council's Tree Management Officer, who will consider your request, taking certain criteria into account.

If Council approves your request, you will be issued with a written permit. Some permits may be issued with certain conditions for you to follow. For example, Council may request a replacement tree be planted.

You must not commence work until you have received this permit.


© Copyright 2018 Rockdale City Council. All right reserved.