Use the Electronic Housing Code to:
- Investigate your development options for an individual site
- Generate an exempt development report
- Prepare your complying development application electronically
- Lodge your application electronically
- Monitor the progress of your application
What is the Electronic Housing Code?
The Electronic Housing Code (EHC) is an online system for the electronic lodgement of complying development applications under the NSW Housing Code for lots 200m2 and above. This system will also allow the user to determine if they are able to proceed with their development without further approvals, as an exempt development.
The EHC was developed as a result of $5.92 million of Commonwealth funding through the Housing Affordability Fund (HAF), and is a partnership between the Department of Planning & Infrastructure and the Local Government and Shires Associations of NSW.
Rockdale City Council is one of the eleven local government areas involved in this pilot project. Council became involved in this initiative seeing an opportunity to provide customers with a user-friendly tool for negotiating the often complex planning process for building and development projects. As an enthusiastic partner, Rockdale City Council looks forward to the chance to be a leader in the delivery of timely and accurate building and development services to customers.
For more information on this project, please view the dedicated project website at www.ehc.nsw.gov.au.
What you need to know before using the system
Prior to using the Electronic Housing Code you may find it helpful to have the following information ready:
- As each development is different it is difficult to provide an exhaustive listing of required documentation for each scenario. However we have compiled a list of some of the possible documentation you may need to provide. Note, the majority of the Councils using this system will provide you with a checklist of documents that they require either prior to, or once you have submitted your application for consideration
- You will require an electronic copy of the associated site plan in order to complete your application
- If you are doing this application on behalf of others, you will need a signed owners consent form
- You will need all of the information indicated on the following checklist. Payment of the applicable fees can be made online through an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
You may also find it helpful to view the User Guide. This has been divided into sections.
Please note that you are only able to select a Council or Private Certifier involved in the pilot project. To find out who these are, please click the preceding link.
Would you like to provide feedback on the system? Or do you need help using it?
For those that are unsure how to use the system or complete an action, an online help system has been established. You are also able to use this system to leave your thoughts and feedback on the Electronic Housing Code.