Clean Up Service I
How to ensure your Clean Up material is
collected I Council will collect I Council will NOT collect I Collection
volume limits I How to place your unwanted items
out for collection I
Clean Up Service
Each household is entitled to four general waste Clean Ups per year,
the cost of which is included in the annual domestic waste management
levy shown on your rates.
If you need to find out the date of your
next scheduled Clean Up, please call Council's Customer Service Centre
on 9562 1666 and provide the Customer Service Officer with your name
and address. Council also sends an information booklet on its waste
services and a fridge magnet detailing the Clean Up dates for their
zone to every household every year. While the dates for your Green Waste Drop Off Service are available,
Council does not publish Clean Up dates online as in the past, this has
led to increased levels of illegal rubbish dumping. If you do not have
your fridge magnet, you can find out your Zone number and request the
same from Council's Customer Service Centre to be mailed out to you.
A maximum of three cubic metres of
materials will be collected by Council per Clean Up. Any extra rubbish
will be left behind. If you require additional Clean Ups (that is, more
than the four per year provided) you can order an on-call
general waste collection for an up-front fee.
How to Ensure Your Clean Up
Material is Collected
- Only three cubic metres per house will
be collected, approximately one box trailer load. Any extra
rubbish will be left behind. You will then have 48 hours to remove it.
If the rubbish is not removed it will be treated as illegally dumped
material. Penalties may apply.
- All Clean Up rubbish for collection
should be placed on your kerbside no earlier than the Sunday afternoon
before your collection begins.
- Please place all of your rubbish
neatly on the outer edge of the nature strip in front of your property,
not in rear lane ways, not in the gutter and not blocking pedestrian or
- White goods are collected with general
waste and recycled.
- Remove all doors, hinges and locks
off whitegoods or furniture.
- Put small items in a bag or box.
If for any reason you are not able to
comply with these instructions please ring 9562 1666
Any material placed on the kerb
before or after your scheduled Clean Up date will be regarded as
illegally dumped rubbish, which is subject to fines from $750
Council will collect
- General household items such as
furniture and appliances.
- Storage cabinets and other similar
items with doors, hinges and locks removed.
- Branches that are no thicker than
300mm and no longer than 1.2m.
- Fence palings.
- Small amounts of carpet (limit one
average sized room). Carpet must be rolled up and safely lifted by two
people. Additional bulky
whitegoods can be collected separately by arrangement.
Council will NOT collect
- Heavy items which cannot be safely
lifted by two people.
- Material exceeding three cubic metres
- approximately one box trailer load.
- Toxic/hazardous/dangerous waste.
- Gas cylinders.
- Hazardous liquid including paint, oil,
- Branches thicker than 300mm and/or
longer than 1.2m.
- Thorny branches including roses and
palm tree fronds.
- Cast iron bath tubs.
- Railway sleepers that are longer than
- Building material including bricks,
tiles, concrete blocks, sawdust, sand, soil, or fine particles like
- Large glass items including shower
screens, mirrors and windows.
- Food waste/garbage.
- Fibreglass sheeting.
- Guttering that is longer than 1.2m.
- Concrete tubs.
- Structural steel.
- Water pipe that is longer than 1.2m.
- Motor vehicle doors, engine parts,
- Material placed out after Council has
- Refrigerators and freezers
For more information regarding how to
safely dispose of the above items, please visit Waste and
Collection Volume Limits
- Up to 3 cubic metres of general waste,
- Up to 3 cubic metres of garden waste
How to Place Your Unwanted Items
Out for Collection
To prepare your green waste for
collection you will need to:
- Place branches (no longer than 1.2
metres long and no thicker than 300mm) and twigs in bundles and
tied on a separate pile (no more than 3 cubic metres) which can be
lifted by one person.
- Place lawn clippings, leaves and weeds
in a rigid container which can be lifted by one person. (We will not
take the container).
Please note that trees within
Rockdale City Council's boundaries are protected by a Tree Preservation Order
and ring-barking, cutting down, topping or lopping of trees without
Council's permission is illegal.
Council cannot collect items within the
household boundary. All items should be placed on the nature strip
outside your house or unit the night before collection. Do not obstruct
the pedestrian walkway with any item.
We made an explanatory video on our
General Clean Up Service which you can view below:
Alternatively you may wish to download the 2017 Waste and Cleansing Guide (PDF format)