How to Join the Library
Membership is free and everyone is welcome to join the Rockdale City Library. You can print out a membership form and bring it in to your local branch library. By becoming a member of the library, you are agreeing to the following conditions:
- Always bring your card with you or present your smartphone with your Rockdale City Library Card on the CardStar app to the Library to borrow items. Items that have been renewed twice and are returned cannot be borrowed for 48 hours
- The loan period is three weeks. Most items may be renewed twice if not overdue or reserved by others
- Inform the Library of any change of details such as address, phone number or email
- You are responsible for the return of all items borrowed on your card
- Lost, stolen or damaged items must be paid for
- Always return or renew items by the due date, otherwise fees may be incurred and the renewal period will be less than three weeks
- Reminder notices are only sent by email
- The library is not responsible if notices sent are not received
- Overdue fees need to be reduced to $20 in order to borrow, unless you have been referred to our debt recovery service, then all fees and charges must be cleared
- If you have any overdue fees, payments must be made on each visit to the Library to continue borrowing until all outstanding overdue charges are paid in full
- If you have any unpaid fees or Library items that are 45 days overdue, you will be referred to Unique International Recoveries. Their fee must be paid as part of clearing your Library record
- Parents or guardians are responsible for their children who are under 18 when they use the library, and for the items they borrow
- Your full borrower history is retained on the library system indefinitely
- By accepting my Library Card I understand that I am a registered member of Rockdale City Library
These conditions of use are subject to change without notice.
If you permanently live outside Sydney and are visiting the City of Rockdale, you may join the library as a 'temporary' member. A refundable deposit is required for temporary memberships.
For more details about loans, renewals, reservations, inter-library loans, overdue fees and charges, go to Information for Library members.